Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's better than a mango smoothie? Two mango smoothies!

While we were on Ko Phanang Jer and I really planned on checking out different beaches, going for some dives, going to a different island, and in short, continuing our fast paced travel adventure. Instead, we looked a the ocean, took a deep breath, bought a frisbee and went nowhere. :) It ended up working out in our favor because Jer and I finally got food poisoning, in Thailand of all places. We expected to get sick in India (and we did a little bit) but Thailand is pretty safe for food so we were surprised. We got over it just fine, so don't worry, but I'm glad that we ended up staying in one place after all. I think that sitting on the beach doing nothing really speeded up our recovery.
Here are some long awaited picures from our time on the islands:
Diving in Koh Tao!

A rock formation in Ko Tao, this was one of our dive sites!
Pretty sunset!
The beaches were gorgeous in Ko Tao, perfect for lounging around!
Moving on to Ko Pangang...more beaches and lounging time!
Full Moon Party!
After Ko Phanang we headed back up to Bangkok via all day boat and bus, getting in late and having just enough time to enjoy all of Bangkok's wonderful street food!

2 comments:

The Former PK said...

OMG, watching your video of the full moon party brought me back to my days of going to raves. Whoa. Wow. Okay, I'm better now. Nothing like going out with a bang!!! Glad you are home safe now, but I'm sure it's quite an adjustment. At least you have good quality family time to fill the void!

Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw the title I immediately thought "Hey, Kathleen must have written this post!" Miss you Kat and can't wait to see you!!!

-Juls