Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Island Time

Kat and I are on yet another island! But this time it's in Thailand: Ko Tao. We took an open water course here so now we're certified to dive up to 18 meters! I always wanted to dive but I don't think I expected it to be so incredibly fun. Kat and I might actually change our plans a bit so that we can fit in some diving off the Similian Islands next.

Basically we are beach bums right now. The most difficult thing I did this afternoon was cut up a pineapple and a mango and open two bottles of Chang. But in my defense the knife was too small and dull so it was rather difficult :) Fresh pineapple warmed by the sun is about the best food that can be eaten. Well, second only to BBQed fish. But I've been eating plenty of both here so I'm happy.

But this internet is far too expensive here since it's an island so I'm cutting this entry short! Kat and I are both happy, tan, well fed, and salty right now. And it's movie time down the beach so I'm off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is truly a bitch.....having to lounge, eat and drink. I'm sorry you have to suffer through all of that.....I'm ready to suffer with you!

Love dad

Anonymous said...

Kathleen is TAN ? WOW, I cannot wait to see that.

- Elyse

Diana said...

We'll all have to maybe go on a dive together in Australia next summer. All I have to do is find my dive card from 1975. I may just snorkel. I did that in Hawaii in 2003. The last dive I did was in 1991 so I might a refresher course.
Fred

Chris Y said...

thats a tough life j-bone! Good work though! Be safe!

Chris Y

Anonymous said...

You're killin' me smalls!!!

Jess