Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Full Moon

For the last few days Kat and I have been relaxing on Ko Pha Ngan. The beaches here are great and the food is awesome but the real reason we came here was for the full moon party. It's by far the largest party I've ever been to. I would guess maybe ten thousand people were packed onto a beach that was lined with DJ's and bucket vendors. We had a very, very good time! We drank buckets of gin and tonic and had our chests painted (we're in bathing suits around the clock here). Kat had a butterfly painted on her but I decided on a giant American flag. I don't meet very many American's here in SE Asia so I decided to show a presence! But with the flag on my chest I actually did meet another American - from Bellevue no less!

This is a little of subject but I have to post it: throughout our travels it's not uncommon to have a little ant problem in most places we stay. We're not exactly staying at the Hilton so it's not such a surprise as you would think! But Kat hates the ants. Bitterly. So one day in Krong Koh Kong she gets fed up and searches the town for a can of raid. She finds a can large enough to kill a termite mound and has been carrying it ever since. But the best part is how zealous she gets in killing ants. This is an actual quote I overhead her saying to herself when she didn't know I was there, "Die! Die! Die! I'm only happy when I'm killing ants!" Ever since I've been a little worried about her so if I go missing you'll know who to ask :)

We'll stay here on the island another couple of days before we head back to Bangkok so that Kat can fly home for x-mas. The end is too near!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahahahaha !

Unknown said...

Im not surprised at all.

Anonymous said...

She's going to LOVE Australia where the large spiders eat all sorts of ants etc.