Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lately...



Kat and I have been bumming around the state of Washington lately.  We recently made a trip to my parents house in Oroville and then went down to see my Grandpa in Kennewick.  We took the train from Seattle to Wenatchee and my dad picked us up from there.  Taking the train is a nice way to travel!  I highly recommend it.  You get comfortable seats, a great view, and you can walk around as much as you want.  

We also went on a great overnight trip in the Commonwealth Basin.  We only made it halfway up Red Mt, but the views were great!  I'm really going to miss the snow in Aussie so I'm glad I made it out there with some good friends.

Now we're getting packed to fly again.  Only this time we're taking a LOT more luggage!  I'm bringing my bike so I have the fun chore of boxing it up.  To complicate the matter I took a ride around Lake Washington yesterday without fenders.  There's a thick coat of Seattle grime covering EVERYTHING!

This is a view from my folks place in Oroville.  The lake is still very much frozen over!


Chris took this shot on Red Mt.  That's Kendall Peak on the left and Rainier in the distance.  That day it was 50F in the sun but less than 25F in those lower clouds!

Family time!  Me, Kat, John (dad), Smitty (grandpa), Jess (sis), Lorrie (mom)

No comments: