Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cheap beer, cheap food, and cheap clothes

But not necessarily in that order! We're in Hoi An right now and it's a really great town. The hotels are the best we've seen on this trip so far, and the old part of town is right along the river and features beautiful old buildings. There are many restraunts here that feature excellent food and beer for a great price. For dinner Kat and I usually go on a restraunt crawl: we go from restraunt to restraunt ordering one dish and two fresh beers. My favorite dishes so far are white rose, cau lau, fresh spring rolls, any meat wrapped in banana leaves, and fried wontons. Mind you there are MANY other great dishes throughout Vietnam, but those are my Hoi An favorites.

The biggest thing in this town are the tailors. There's dozens of them throughout the city. They can make you anything you want! Both Kat and I went a little crazy but the quality is so good for the cost that we couldn't pass is it up! Plus I'm going to need those nice clothes when I become an engineer again someday :) It's been raining for the last two days so this has been a perfect way to spend our time. The weather is starting to improve so hopefully tomorrow we can spend our reamaing time on the beach!

I'm sad to report that my SD card reader doesn't seem to be working so I can't upload any pictures right now. Hopefully I can find another one somewhere so I can put some pictures online! We've really got some good images here in Vietnam and I can't wait to share them.

ALSO - I figured out how to change the configuration on this blog so that ANYONE can post a comment. This means you don't have to log in, but if you don't log in you'll be anonymous. So if you don't want to be anonymous make sure you type in your name!

We leave for Na Trang tomorrow night on one of Vietnam's spectacular buses that we booked through the popular Sinh Cafe. I'm not exaggerating when I say these buses are probably about the best transportation we've been on in any country. You get a seat that can completely recline, the air-con works (almost too good!), and even the roads aren't too bad. It appears that the main north/south highway is currently being reworked so within a year the roads will probably be even better. So if you come to Vietnam I highly recommend using the buses for transportation!

No comments: